*** please note that our calendar is fully booked until mid-May 2023 ***
MRCM and the National Aspergillosis Centre regularly host short-term educational visitors from within the NHS and from overseas, to learn about diagnosing and managing fungal infections. Visit types include:
- Clinical visits to observe our aspergillosis clinic (Fri), laboratory and MDT (Thurs am)
- Laboratory visits to learn about mycology techniques
- ESCMID Observerships (see next section)
In order to give each visitor the attention they deserve, we prefer to only host 1-2 visitors at once – please check our calendar for suitable dates when planning your visit. Please contact Dr Riiina Richardson for more information.
Visitors from outside the UK will need to pay an administration fee of £350 for our HR department to check your documents (passport, visa, DBS).
In 2022, MRCM/MFT was named as an ESCMID Collaborative Centre (ID#699), which allows us to host non-UK ESCMID members for short-term visits of up to 1 month. Each visit is based around a specific objective, for example to learn a new technique that will be implemented in the observer’s home country – please see our test catalogue for a list of tests we currently perform. Applications are made via the ESCMID website, but please contact us first to discuss the details of your potential visit.
- Open to Young Scientist members who hold or are enrolled in a postgraduate degree
- Travel and per diem costs reimbursed
- Next call for applications: ~Apr 2023 (check ESCMID website for exact dates)
- More information
- Open to Full or Young Scientist members
- No costs reimbursed
- Applications open throughout the year but please apply at least 3 months before you would like to visit
- More information
Once your visit has been agreed in principle, we will provide practical information about any costs and paperwork required. You will need to arrange your own accommodation and visa.